Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

This year Mother's Day took on a whole new meaning. Of course, I don't have a child in my arms yet, but I definitely feel like a mother already. Let's see, I don't get to eat and drink all my usual favorites, I can't diet and work out like crazy to get ready for bathing suit season, I never get a full night's rest because of constant trips to the bathroom during the night, I can't pop an Ibuprofen (or 3) every time I have an ache, my body is doing new weird things every week... so, yeah, I think I qualify for at least a card or something! Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I've embraced every moment of pregnancy so far and look forward to more discomfort and weirdness in the next few months! I'm so excited to go through the same things women have been going through since beginning of time. I am now "in the club."

Cliff took the hints from my sister and honored me well yesterday. He gave me a beautiful orchid and wrote me a sweet note that included a silly haiku- very Cliff-like. I think his juniors must be doing haikus right now or something.

We are just over 2 weeks away from knowing if it's a boy or girl! The suspense is killing me! We already have names picked out, and I will be sharing our choice as soon as we know the gender. I don't want to suscept myself to any more scrutiny or ridicule than I have to if you hate our baby names! So I'll just narrow it down to the one sex. And only positive comments please! We love the names, so if you don't, please don't tell us, ha. And now I've scared some of you into wondering what the heck we are going to name our kid if I am already anticipating you not liking it. Don't worry, they are normal names- no Apple or Zaquisha or anything like that!

I'm excited to hear feedback from our friends and family who enjoy the blog. Like I mentioned earlier, I wanted to have a record of this pregnancy for the baby book, but I also enjoy sharing updates with all of you. I probably won't update until I have more news to tell. I'd love to blog every day, but just don't have that much excitement in our lives. I'll definitely be sharing our big news on the 28th! Until next time, thanks for the prayers and keep them coming!

Here is the heartfelt haiku my husband wrote me in honor of Mother's Day:
Awesomness you are
Baby Mama you will be
Food aversions suck.
No need to remind me of how lucky I am to be married to such a romantic guy! Ha ha.

No comments: