Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Enjoying some time off

Have I mentioned how thankful I am for having a job that gives me so much fabulous time off to spend with my family? Having worked in retail during high school and college, I always had to work during the holidays when everyone else was off and enjoying time with their friends and family. That experience was totally character building and has made me that much more appreciative of my school holidays!

Here's a little bit of what we've been up to during the past few days:

We went shopping and to see Santa with these fun girls, and had such a good time! Amelia and Pailyn couldn't have been more precious. I had low expectations for my sweet girl's mall behavior and she totally proved me wrong, much to my delight.


She even passed out and let me try on some dresses.

Then Sunday we got all dressed up for church in our Christmas best. I wish these photos did this silver polka dot dress justice. The bubble hem. The red shoes. Oh my word.

We spent a good two days straight just hanging around the house doing laundry and cleaning. Well, I did laundry. Cliff and Amelia mainly just hung out. Today we headed to the park for Mimi to be reunited with what she feels is heaven on earth- the swings. The only thing she loves more than a swing set is maybe a grilled cheese sandwich.


Tomorrow begins two days full of Christmas celebrations. We try to squeeze in as many family get togethers as we possibly can, even if it is exhausting. We are grateful for our families and want to see all of them, and of course for Amelia to rack up as many presents as she can, ha! Let's be honest, no one really cares if we show up, they just want to see our baby. I can't say that I blame them. She is pretty adorable, if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

lindey said...

:o) we had such a blast & i was amazed at their fabulous ability to shop all.day.long! they were nothing short of amazing :o)

amelia looks so tall in her swing pictures! grilled cheese...i'm so going to make that soon & offer it to p.