Friday, July 9, 2010

More pool pics and some quotes

I hate to be such a blog neglecter this summer, but I'm not sure anyone really cares to see a million pictures of Amelia swimming in the pool since that's pretty much all we do now. Oh, what's that? You do? Well, in that case...

Hanging out with BFF and swimsuit twin, Emory
Yes, she has a ton of swimsuits. This is not all my fault! I have cut myself off from buying her any more, but Aunt Katie insisted on getting this cute one that matched Emory's. Swimsuits on toddlers' chunky booties are so much cuter than on adults!
Going down the slide with Daddy on the 4th. We had spent all afternoon in the pool and I had stripped Mimi down to just her diaper to attempt a nap. When that didn't work, we just jumped back in. Cliff got burned the day before and this was his sun protection outfit. They both look a little ridiculous, but a sweet memory nonetheless.
Giving watermelon another try. She actually ate more of it this time. We are getting a tiny bit better about eating different things.
But she thought it was much more fun to stuff it in my mouth.

Not only have I been neglecting the blog, I have neglected to take photos lately. Ugh, I am so over myself for that! Amelia wore the most precious red white and blue smocked dress to church Sunday and I did not even get a photo of it. That would have been unheard of a year ago! I've got to step up my game. Thankfully when Katie is around I don't have to worry about taking photos, so I just snatch hers from facebook to share here with those of you who aren't on there. 

A few cute Mimi quotes from this week:
"Mama, I want to hold you." (I know all kids usually say this at one point, but of course we find it adorable)
"Daddy sleeping. Daddy snoring!"
"I'm sleepy!" (While rubbing her eyes. I got a kick out of it because she has always been in denial when she's sleepy and will fight until the end not to miss out on anything. But last night she just announced that she was sleepy.)
"Graaa MEEE" (She has finally learned how to say Grammy. This has overjoyed my mom, who has been very patient while she has said Papa non-stop for the past year. She has been calling her different versions of the word crappy, ha. But now, she has finally perfected Grammy and she drags it out and really emphasizes the ME sound. So dang cute.)
"No Mam!" (Oops. I wonder where she got that one.)
"Oh goodness!" and "Oh gosh!" (Those are me too. And I think she started gosh after hearing Katie say it recently. We have really got to be more careful that she doesn't pick up anything more inappropriate than these, ha.)
"Good job!" (After throwing something in the trash. She did it the other day without being asked and we made a huge deal out of it and said "Good job!" Yesterday she threw something away and said "Good job!"
"I love you, Mama." (Melts. My. Heart. She will also say it to Daddy, Papaw Bob, Joyce, whoever, but of course "I lush shoe, Mama" is my favorite.)

A couple of other tidbits I want to remember: She LOVES talking on the phone. This is nothing new, as she's loved playing with phones and pretending to talk for a long time now. But now, she actually loves to carry on a conversation with my parents, Mare, really anyone she can. She props it on her shoulder and walks around jabbering like crazy. Sometimes it's jibber jabber, but most of the time, she actually responds to what the person on the other end is talking about. She was telling my parents about playing in the pool the other day and after talking to my dad, my mom got on the phone and Mimi asked "Where Papa go?" We tried it with Uncle Chris last night, but she was sleepy (my bad, she had already told me that) and wasn't in the mood. I said "Say hey to Uncle Chris" and she said "No, Chris!" She is such a mess!

She's pee peed and pooped on the potty a few times now, but nothing spectacular to report. She does tell me when her diaper needs to be changed and when she needs to go more often than not, but if it doesn't happen right away, it's hard to make her sit still on the potty. We're going to keep working on it, but I'm not rushing her. It's clear that she's ready, but maybe I'm just not, ha.

Ok, there's the skinny on our girl this week. I'm going to try to do better about getting more snapshots when she's doing something other than swimming or taking a bath. She does still wear cute clothes sometimes! Ok, all the time. I'll do better, I promise. 

1 comment:

Robin ~ Linton Cottage said...

Hi - found your blog through Paintin' Sisters and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Robin and I am from Brookhaven; I have lived away for about 17 years, but have just moved back. Brookhaven is my hometown; graduated from Brookhaven High in 1986. We actually are looking for a rental house - do you happen to know of any? :)

I have been blogging for a while and was so glad to find a fellow blogger in Brookhaven.

Also wanted to tell you that you have the most adorable little girl. I know that you must enjoy her.
My husband and I have 3 boys - our oldest will be 21 in September and we have a 13 and 10 year old.

Hope you can visit my blog - it is

http://lintoncottage.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Robin