But enough about that. Today I want to share some of her recent funny quotes. Everything that comes out of her mouth these days makes me laugh, but I am bad about remembering to write them down. When she isn't being terrible, she really is so sweet and funny and cute.
- Me: "Amelia, you need to go put baby Allison back in her bed in your room." Mimi: "But she's not sleepy, Mama."
- The other day I was calling to Amelia from another room. She couldn't understand what I said and instead of just coming to me she shouted, "What you telling about, Mama?"
|This doesn't look like a girl that could be sassy, does it?|
- calls her Mrs. Potato Head "Mashed Potato Head."
- sees a bird in the yard and grabs a blade of grass in her hands and holds it out saying, "Here, sweetie, sweetie. Come here, little sweetie." What?!
- loves to dance around in the yard flapping her arms around and jumping and calls it her "Happy Dance." She also encourages everyone around her to do the happy dance. My parents are especially good at the happy dance.
- She talks to her baby dolls as if they are real people. When she's bringing them from one room to another with her she says, "Come on, girls." She had them in the bathroom with her while she was on the potty the other day and when she was done said, "I need to get these girls off this nasty floor!" LOL. Now, I don't have the cleanest bathroom ever, but I wouldn't call the floor nasty. I'm sure she's heard me saying to her in a public place to get off that nasty floor, or don't eat something off the nasty floor, ha.
- She's big on saying "each one" right now. i.e. "Each one of these babies can't come to school with me." "I ate each one of my Tinkerbell dummies (gummies)."
- She's so obsessed with junk food, and I really do try to limit how much of it she eats. This was obvious the other day when I was cooking supper and had a yummy poppyseed chicken casserole in the oven and she walked in the kitchen and said, "I smell chips!" I'm like, "Um, no, you smell actual food cooking." Maybe I need to cook more often...