Monday, April 7, 2008

Ten Weeks

This Wednesday marks our 10th week of pregnancy. I know that November will be here before we know it, but this first trimester has seemed to crawl by! We are so ready to feel more comfortable with the viability of this pregnancy and to be able to share our exciting news with all of our family and friends!



This week I am starting to feel a little better. The nausea and fatigue aren't completely gone, but I am able to eat more than I could a few weeks ago and am finally doing some things around the house again. I still can't remember the last meal I cooked (sorry, Cliff), but hopefully the kitchen will stop grossing me out soon!



For those who haven't seen me lately, the secret is getting harder to keep! My belly has started to "pooch" out in the last week. They say 2nd pregnancies show faster, but I didn't really think this applied to me since I only made it to 11 weeks last time. But lo and behold, I CANNOT suck this in! Ha. It is fun to watch my body change, but scary to wonder what more is in store over the next 6 months!



My ultrasound went well last week. The baby was measuring right on track at 1 whole inch long! The heart rate was 170, which is on the high side, and the wives tale suggests this means girl! I don't count on those things too much, but my dr said it was true for 3 out of her 4 girls, so you never know... My next appt is in 3 weeks and I'll be almost 13 weeks then. I will feel SO much better if things go well at that appointment. Then, at the next appointment at almost 17 weeks, they should be able to tell the sex of the baby! It's hard to believe we should know in less than 2 months. I can't wait to start painting the nursery and buying fabulous outfits! I know my mom and sister can't stand it either.



I think this will be all for now. I've never blogged and wasn't sure if it was "me" or not, but I wanted to have a record of what went on in this pregnancy to have for the baby book, and I thought it would be cool for our friends and family that we don't get to see often to be able to keep up with us. I'll try to figure out how to scan and post my most recent ultrasound pic soon.



Thanks for reading and keep us in your prayers!

No comments: