Thursday, June 19, 2008

I have a problem.

Let's just get it all out in the open. The cravings have begun. Yesterday I had a normal lunch of a sandwich and potato chips with water to drink. I decide to go out and get a candy bar for a little afternoon pick me up. While I was at it, I got two- one for now, one for tomorrow, I thought. What do you know, before I even realized it, I had eaten 2 regular sized Snickers bars in a row. I'm not talking about the miniatures. These were regulation Snickers. With almonds.

You should know this about me. I haven't allowed myself to eat a regular sized Snickers bar since I was like 17. I've had the miniature ones, and probably ate more of those than a big bar would have equaled, but it was the principle. I have tried to remain on some sort of diet since college. But yesterday, I defied it all by eating who knows how many calories and grams of sugar at one sitting. I just threw the wrapper away and didn't even look at the nutrition facts!

I have vowed to not let this happen again, but I can't promise anything. Luckily, I have a loving and supportive husband who thought it was a great idea for me to eat two candy bars. He wants Amelia to be born chubby. That is fine with me, however I do not want to develop gestational diabetes with this two candy bar habit!

No comments: