Monday, December 13, 2010

Star of the show

My friend, Erin posted this on Facebook and I just had to share. Amelia isn't quite old enough to participate in the "Righteous Rockers" children's choir at church yet, but she is in Sunday School with some of the kids. When they performed one of their songs from their Christmas musical in church yesterday, her teachers asked if Amelia could perform with them. I wasn't sure how she would do, but we gave it a shot. She actually stood up there the whole time like such a big girl! She didn't sing or clap, but in her defense, she had never heard the song. I'm sure she was wondering what the heck she was doing up there, ha.

Erin's little boy is the one in the sweater vest dancing around. It makes me laugh every time I watch it. Mimi is on the front row in the red dress. She's the one standing there not doing anything, ha. Oh, but I was so proud! I was just grinning and clapping as if she was the star of the show. Can't wait to see her particpate next year. Things like this just show how much my life has changed that this kind of thing is what excites me the most!






Edited to add: For some reason, the formatting on the blog cuts Mimi off, so maybe you can see her if you look at it on Erin's facebook here, or your can just imagine that this is what she looked like in the video:




since like I said, she basically stood there and did nothing. But it made this mama proud!

1 comment:

lindey said...

i am so sad that i can't see mimi in the video :'( but i'm super impressed that she stood up there like such a big girl! p.s. i need notification of new posts. my reader has been neglected during this crazy time of year...you're one of 88 new feeds-lhm!