Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cat's out of the bag

I have been absent from blogging lately for several reasons. First, summer is a busy time for me at work and at home, and I just haven't had a lot of spare time to blog. Second, all of my friends and family are on facebook now, so I don't feel as much of an obligation to share Mimi pics here since it's so much easier to share them there. And thirdly, I haven't been feeling very good the last couple of months. But all is well.

I'm just pregnant.

Yes, Amelia  is going to be a big sister! We found out the week we got home from the beach, and since then I have been doing a LOT of gagging and sleeping, ha. Of course we were nervous for the first couple of months that something might go wrong, and there is still a chance that something could, but for now everything looks good, and we are praising God for a healthy pregnancy and baby so far. We kept it a secret for what seemed like FOREVER, partly because we didn't want to share with everyone in case something went wrong, and also because we wanted to wait until after baby Jackson was born so Mare and Justin could have their special time all to themselves. But we finally told our families and closest friends a couple of weeks ago and shared the news on Facebook the other day, so the cat is officially out of the bag.

I do have a tiny baby bump already, which could easily be mistaken for eating a lot, but I haven't been able to eat much lately and had actually lost a few pounds at my last appointment. However this week my appetite and energy level seem to be picking back up. I am 12 weeks along and due on March 19, which happens to be Cliff's mom's birthday. Not sure if I'll actually deliver that day, but nevertheless it is special to be due on her birthday.

So that's what's been going on with us. Hopefully I'll feel more up to updating soon. I loved having a record of my pregnancy with Amelia and her tiny baby months, so I definitely want to do that for number two. Since I definitely won't be doing any scrapbooking, this is the next best thing. As for Big Sis, she doesn't quite understand, but I know she is going to be a great big sister and helper. She adores her new baby cousin (pics of him coming soon), and is really into helping right now, so I think she is the perfect age for a sibling. Next big thing up for us is finding out the gender. We should find out sometime next month, and I can hardly wait! Amelia says it's a girl and her name is Molly. Not so sure about that, but it is a cute name. I don't know where she comes up with this stuff. Boy or girl, we will be thrilled.

No comments: