Thursday, May 23, 2013

Graham's Nursery

I have become such a terrible blogger! I am so overdue on lots of things I want to post about for my own memories' sake, but before I do that, I'm going to post about some really old news- Graham's nursery. I had every intention of sharing these photos before I had Graham, but since he came two weeks early, mere hours after I completed his room, well... that just didn't happen. Then he was here and when I ever did get time to post, I just wanted to share my sweet new baby instead of room pics.

However, believe it or not, his little room has become somewhat of an internet sensation over the last year or so. I shared pics of the room on Project Nursery for fun, and what do you know, the thing started showing up all over Pinterest. Crazy! It was featured as Project of the Month on Project Nursery and was actually the most viewed nursery of 2012 on their site. Seriously, who would have thought? I got lots and lots of emails from people asking questions about the room after that, and I still get at least one email a week about it. It's been featured on a couple of other web sites that I'm aware of here and here. I decided after another site emailed me about featuring it that it might be good if I actually had photos of the room on my blog if and when people ever mosy over here, ha ha.

All that to say, yes, now I am finally sharing some breaking news here on my blog: year-old photos of my baby's room. Oops. 




 






I really had so much fun doing this room for my sweet G. I'm not really sure why it's gotten so much attention, but I'm guessing it has something to do with chevron being so popular and at the time there hadn't been a ton of nurseries featuring that pattern. I don't know. Obviously, I love it, but there are way better designed, more expensive, fancier and cooler nurseries than this out there. It's kind of funny that my little old room that we did on a pretty tight budget became so popular. If only all those "pinners" could see what a mess it is today, ha! It's not nearly as cute with toys strewn on the floor and with the bedding bunched up because we've had to lower the mattress for the little climber. But it's still sweet to me because it's where my baby sleeps, and we created it with love just for him!

Room sources:
Paint: Gray is Sparrow by Behr and blue is True Turquoise by Glidden. The white strip is crown molding and the ceiling is painted. 
Bedding: Custom made by a local seamstress. Fabric by Premier Prints.
Curtains: Handmade by me. This was my first time to sew curtains, so they are nowhere near perfect!
Crib: Re-used from Amelia- bought from Target in 2008
Chair: Re-used from Amelia- bought from Babies 'R Us in 2008
Cube shelf: Ikea Expedit
Light Fixture: Ikea Fillista
Lamps: Target
Rug: Ebay. This is what I have gotten the most questions about! Apparently it is discontinued. Sorry, y'all!
Dresser: Craigslist- I refinished and painted it.
Seuss print: Created and gifted to me by my friend Lindey. Her etsy shop is WallFrostingDesign.
Wild things print: Little Light Prints
Sleepy Print: Sycamore Street Press 
Window seat/toy chest- built by my dad; I made the pillows and had the cushion made by the seamstress who made the bedding. 

No comments: