Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Two months old

My tired girl is still napping after I posted Christmas photos, so I'll try to do an update while I have a few minutes. Who knows when I will get another chance!

Today we went to our two-month check-up and had to get the dreaded shots. Amelia was so good. She only cried for a minute and calmed down when I picked her up. I held up pretty well too! I only teared up for a second. We were eager to see how much she had grown since the last time we were there for her 2 week check-up. She is now up to 11 pounds, 13 ounces and is 23 1/2 inches long! The doctor says she is tall and thin. She is in the 75th percentile in weight and the 90th in length. That means she's taller than 90 percent of girls her age and weighs more than 75 percent. We were assured that she is healthy as can be! We are so fortunate to have had such a healthy baby so far. It makes being cooped up in the house for so long seem worth it. Although I'm sure we'll experience sickness as soon as I have to go back to work and she goes to daycare.

Amelia has been growing and changing so much in the last couple of weeks. Her smiles are getting much more frequent and she responds with coos when you talk to her. I've been trying to capture it on video, but haven't had much luck. She is happiest in the morning after her bottle, and in the late evenings before bed. She also loves to be on the changing table and to take baths. She is still doing well sleeping through the night in her bassinet, although she usually wakes up at 5:30 or 6 and wants to snuggle with us in bed and go back to sleep for a couple of hours before we get up and have our morning bottle. I am so glad we are finally in a routine. I am a creature of routine and it has been difficult to live at the mercy of Amelia! Of course I am still her servant, night and day, but at least she is a little more predictable.

Here are a few more recent photos.

8 weeks old- after a fun bath: 8 weeks- chilling out on the boppy :8 1/2 weeks. Katie took this sweet one. I love it. Cliff likes it because it's a rare photo without a bow, ha. Look at those precious lips! Another rare photo, posing with Aunt Katie. She is always the one taking pics. This was at Papaw Fred's 80th birthday dinner last night. Fred is so happy to finally have a great grandchild! He calls her a "lap full of sugar."
In the same cute outfit before our doctor visit today. If she had known about those shots, she wouldn't have been in such a happy mood!

She was being so sweet, smiling and cooing at me at home after the doctor visit. I tried to capture it on video, but she started getting sleepy. In the clip, she is cuddling with her favorite gift from Santa, Sally the Seahorse. She likes to snuggle with her and listen to the music in her bassinet at night before going to sleep.








No comments: