I adore making lists, especially to-do lists. I love the satisfaction of checking things off the list and then rewarding myself after I have completed the tasks. Yeah, I know I'm a nerd. I haven't done a bloggy list since these glorious days, and I think my current feelings would best be summed up by a couple of lists.
Things that make me sad:
1. Leaving the position I've held for the last 4 years at work.
2. The fact that our soldiers, including my brother, are in harm's way.
3. When teething makes my sweet girl cry
4. Leaving my baby
5. The fact that Amelia isn't a snuggly little newborn anymore who wants to be held 24/7.
Things that make me happy:
1. Starting my new job across campus on Monday
2. The fact that Mare's fiance', Uncle Justin, is home safely after 5 months of military training
3. Seeing Amelia discover something new
4. Eating Mexican with my hubby
5. When Amelia crawls over and pulls up on my legs wanting me to pick her up
I'm feeling a little melancholy today because I'm packing up my office to move to a new position on Monday, and I'll miss my co-workers. I'm also bummed because Amelia did not want me to leave this morning but I had to anyway.
However, I just love this time of year because it always feels like a fresh start, even though I'm not in school anymore (hallelujah!) I love seeing school supplies on store shelves, as well as all the fall clothing, even though we won't be able to wear it for several months because it's still so dang hot. Change is a good thing, but the transition isn't always easy. Just ask the girl who is currently waiting for new teeth to break through her gums.