Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Back at work

The day has come. I had to leave my sweet babies and come back to work. Not gonna lie, I totally cried all day. It was much harder than when I came back to work after having Amelia. She was just across the street from my office at the daycare on campus. That's where Graham will be too in August when school starts, but for the next two months, he's staying with a sitter at her house. I have really enjoyed my time at home with him. I think I've soaked up each day as much as I can, knowing that this will (most likely) be my last time to be at home with my new baby. I got very little done around my house, but I did spend a lot of time loving on both of my babies. I feel like I made the most of my time off. G and I did a lot of snuggling and strolling and when Amelia got out of school at the beginning of May we filled our days with playdates, swimming lessons, and other random outings. It was tiring, but I enjoyed every second of it.

But this week has been kicking my butt! Cliff is busy with basketball camp 24/7, so I'm on my own from morning to night right now. Getting myself ready for work while trying to get Graham fed, bottles pumped and prepped for the day, getting Mimi's stuff ready for VBS each day (Katie is taking her), has worn me "slap"out! I don't know how single mamas and military/offshore moms do it by themselves with more than one kid all the time. I am even more appreciative of my husband's help than ever before.

I'm going to try to catch up on my blogging now that I'm at work and have both use of my arms for more than 5 minutes at a time. Can't wait to talk about how sweet and precious G is, and how helpful, loving and funny Amelia is. Tired or not, I am one blessed mama!

No comments: