Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas 2012 part one

What a fun Christmas we had! I know it's already January, but whatever. I still want to record my memories and photos even though I'm a little late. I really enjoyed being at home for over two weeks with my family. Cliff was gone a lot with basketball, but we still squeezed in as much family time as possible. When he wasn't around, it was just me and the kiddos, and good gracious, that will wear you out! No wonder I haven't made time to blog lately.

Last year was such a fun and special year since it was the first year Amelia really "got it," and it was our last Christmas with her being our only child. This year was even more fun because not only did she really get the whole Santa thing, but she understood more about what Christmas is really about, the birth of our Savior. She was just so excited about everything. G, of course, couldn't have cared less about the whole holiday, but he did enjoy getting so much attention. And he really liked playing with all the wrapping paper and boxes!

I'll just share a bunch of photos rather than more boring commentary from me.

We started off the season with a quick family shoot with Katie for our Christmas cards. These pictures make me so happy!



After 12 years together, we hardly ever take any pictures of just the two of us.  I'm so glad we took these.


This makes me laugh. 
Amelia got to do a lot of fun things this year like perform in a Christmas program at school, 

Sister with one of her favorite people, her teacher Miss Melissa at her school program
 Marching in the parade with her dance class,



And performing in the most precious Christmas program at church, The Christmas Cupcake. We are still listening to the CD Every. Single. Day. in the car. Annoying, but it is so precious to hear her sing Christmas songs and her personal favorite, "Happy Birthday, Jesus." How can I say no?




 Ok, since that was already a ton of photos and I have a bunch more to share, I'll split this into two posts. Next up, even more photos and Christmas Day memories! I am so thankful for my sweet family and the chance to celebrate the birth of Christ.

No comments: