Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to School

Amelia started daycare again this week. I really thought going back would just rock her world since she's been spoiled to hanging out with Daddy, Aunt Katie or Aunt Mare all summer. But she's done surprisingly well so far. Yesterday she whined just a little bit when I handed her to Ms Margaret, but she quickly got over it when she saw that one of her BFFs, Joy was there.

Then today, she tried to jump out of my arms to get down to play with Joy, so that really made me feel better about leaving her. Picking her up is way more fun this year because she actually grins and acts excited to see us when we come in. I picked her up yesterday, but Cliff beat me to it and got her today. He loves being the hero and rescuing her from the church nursery or daycare before me, ha.

Of course I wanted to document our special day with photos yesterday morning, but Amelia was sleepy and wanted to go back to bed. It was just entirely too early for her to be out and about.



I really, really wanted to get a cute shot of her smiling with that backpack on her back, but no such luck. So, I tried again this morning. I wasn't even going to tell y'all it wasn't the real first day of school.

But she wasn't feelin' it. Oh, Mimi, why do you do this to Mommy? Hopefully one day very soon, she will understand the concept of the bribe, and I will be able to get all the cute photos I want.

But in the meantime, this is as good as it gets.


At least we are documenting the memories. If only Lindey could move in with us.

**Special thanks to Aunt Mare for going out of her way to help me find the perfect tiny polka dot backpack. I didn't find what I wanted in Brookhaven, so she went to the mall in Hattiesburg and took photos of all the cute backpacks for me to choose from. She's a kindred spirit who knew how important it was for Amelia to have a precious tiny polka dot backpack to bring to daycare. Mimi and I love you, Aunt Mare! Good luck with starting your last year of nursing school tomorrow!

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Look how smart our sweet little girl is, she is already going to college for her second semester. We love you Grammy and Papa

Aunt Katie said...

LOVING that pink zebra outfit!

Unknown said...

angela...while beautiful portraits are, in my opinion, of utmost importance; these everyday, real-life candids are really the most meaningful! they are how it is...her story, & you do an amazing job telling it in both pictures & commentary :o)

i appreciate the adorableness of the backpack! and i love grammy's comment!

i also love mentions in blog posts...makes me feel quite special, thanks!