Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hula girls and a wedgie

Yet another weekend filled with birthday parties! It's funny how our weekend activites have changed over the years. For a while we had engagement parties and weddings to attend all the time, then the babies started coming, so there were baby showers, and now it's time to celebrate the birthdays! Yesterday we went to Madelyn's 1st birthday luau. It was such a cute party. Here's Mimi and I with the birthday girl and her mama. Something was obviously fascinating on the ground.
When we got home we had to go right over to J.Parker's party, but first a quick pic of the hula girls together.
J. Parker's party was also adorable, but I was too worn out from our day of partying that I didn't take any pics. I thought Amelia would be exhausted by the time we got home, but instead she was ready to play. So after her bath we played around in her room for a while before putting on pjs. When I saw this, instead of fixing it immediately, I had to laugh and take a picture first.
Ok, I took several pictures.
Have you ever seen a wedgie this cute? It didn't seem to bother Amelia.
Look at those wet curls. I never knew those curls and that booty could bring me so much joy. I'll take birthday parties and playing in a diaper on a Saturday night over bar-hopping any day. Hard to believe her big bash will be here before we know it. Gotta get to planning!