Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break

Spring Break- one of the many reasons I love working at a college! This spring break was bittersweet because Cliff had to be away from us for an entire week! The girls' team made it to the national tournament in Kansas (I can't tell you how many times I have wished it could be held somewhere fun like Florida or even better, Hawaii!) But no, it was held in lovely, flat, 14 hours away, Salina, Kansas. We considered going but in the end decided the long ride would just be too much for Amelia. Plus, there wouldn't be much free time for Cliff, so if we were going to just be hanging out on our own, we might as well have stayed at home.

Anyway, since we had no plans, we went along with Grammy, Papa and Aunt Mare to Navarre, Florida to check things out for Mare's upcoming wedding. Even though it was too cold and windy to spend much time on the beach, it was a nice change of scenery for us. We were only there for a few days, but I did take a few snaps of Mimi getting spoiled rotten by her aunt and grandparents.

We went to a gulfarium in Ft. Walton and Mimi got to see dolphins, sea lions, sharks and more. She was pretty sleepy and wasn't that impressed with it all, but we had a good time. It's so hard to plan things around a toddler's naps!
 
Amelia also got to ride on her very first mechanical ride. She loved every second of it and was OVER IT when it ended. I mean, she totally lost it.
After that fiasco, we decided it was time to hit the road. Here we are posing in the car on the way home. Look at her throwing up the peace sign! Silly girl.
Mimi actually did really well with the drive, thanks to the best purchase I ever made. Yes, we watched lots of Dora, but if it helped make the ride more manageable, we were all for it.

Once we made it back to my parents' house, I let Amelia play for a couple of hours before we headed home. She went right for her favorite thing in their house (besides the stairs).
Then she got pulled around in an overnight bag.
And read to. Seriously, this girl is so rotten!
The next day (St. Patty's Day), we got to see someone very special.
Uncle Jeremy made it home from Iraq! He is still having to spend some time at Camp Shelby in Hattiesburg, but he is safely home on American soil. Thanks for your prayers for him these last several months he's been gone. We're looking forward to he and Mimi getting to know each other very soon. She is kind of afraid of big and tall people, like my brothers and Uncle Chris. She only likes them from a distance right now, ha. But I'm sure that will change soon after she gets to spend more time with them.

We wrapped our week up with meeting Grammy and Papa's new puppy, Max. Amelia wasn't too sure about him at first, but when he yawned, Mimi told him "night night." Ha!
Since it has been just us girls on our own, I have been a little more lenient on our meal times and food choices. I am usually weary of letting her enjoy messy treats such as ice cream bars, but I went for it and gave her one. As you can see, she enjoyed herself.
Then we followed it with a wagon ride over to our pal, Ella's. I would've taken more photos of the girls playing, but I had my hands full from chasing after them.
                                         
We ended our week today by meeting the Easter Bunny, and I'm sad to say Amelia was terrified of him! I'll be sure to share our awful photo when I get it. So that was our spring break. We missed Daddy like crazy, but we made the most of our time off. We are ready to see him bright and early in the morning. We are also celebrating a special birthday tomorrow, and I will be back to post about that later. Hope those of you who got a Spring Break enjoyed yours as much as we did!

No comments: