Thursday, March 4, 2010

Help us help St. Jude!

It's that time again! Amelia and her classmates are getting ready to particpate in the annual trike-a-thon to benefit St. Jude. Last year, Amelia raised over $400 and helped her daycare to raise over $3400 for the hospital. We hope you will help us again this year.

Just as I wrote last year, we are so thankful that Amelia has been so healthy and we have not needed a place like St. Jude yet in her life. But when I see her in pain from teething, or when she has a stuffy nose, or any minor illness, it just breaks my heart to think of the families who have to see their children suffer so much more. Can you imagine?

My favorite thing about St. Jude is that they are the only pediatric cancer research center where families never pay for treatment not covered by insurance. They never turn a sick child away if the family is unable to pay. They are also a research hospital, and our money goes to support efforts to find cures for these terrible diseases. Will you help us raise money for this worthy cause?

The trike-a-thon came earlier this year and snuck up on me. We only have until March 11th to collect our donations. You can send your donation to Angela Furr at PO Box 649, Wesson, MS 39191, or let me know that you are willing to give, and Amelia and I will personally come by to pick up your donation. I will also be happy to send you a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you are out of town.
Amelia says YAY for helping St. Jude!

No comments: