Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2 years

It was 2 years ago today that we went to the ER to find out that we had lost our first child. No amount of time or future children will ever allow me to forget that. And that's ok. I think it helps me to love and appreciate Amelia that much more. Although I do have a precious little girl to focus on, many who have been where I have do not.

October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month. Please join me in praying for those who have lost children. Please especially remember my dear friend, A, who has had 5 losses and still no baby. I have to trust that God knows best and that He has a wonderful plan in store for my friend and all those who have experienced this heartache. This verse especially helped me during my time of grief:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9.

No comments: