Sunday, April 5, 2009

Trike-a-thon and the Easter Bunny

Friday's Trike-a-thon was a big success. With your help, Amelia raised $355 for St. Jude! Even better, her classmates combined to raise over $3000 for the hospital! Amelia was very excited to have been able to help raise so much money for such a great cause. She wanted me to thank all of you who donated.

I also wanted to let you all know how grateful I am for your generous donations and your support of Amelia. (I am embarassed of my poor photo quality when I have photogs like Lindey and Amanda who read my blog from time to time! My camera isn't top-notch, but it's not terrible, but really the flash sometimes makes Amelia look weird when we're inside, so I turn it off, which sometimes makes the pics fuzzy. Thank goodness I know some good photogs to get our frame-worthy shots :)

Here are a few pics from Friday:
All the kids lined up and ready to go. The big kids are in the front and the little ones brought up the rear.
This is Amelia's class. Taylor is in the back left, Brooke is on the right, and Braxton is cheesing in the front. That's Amelia bundled up in her stroller on the right. Her other classmate, Megan is pictured below in the stroller .We had such a beautiful weekend, but Friday morning was super chilly, so the kiddos all had to get out the winter gear again. You can't tell, but Amelia is wearing a sweatsuit for her first athletic competition! Even from a distance you can see her big navy blue bow, ha.

She was so excited she just passed out on the stroll from the daycare to the football field. She missed the whole thing!
This is my friend and co-worker, Erin getting Bryce all ready for his big moment. Bryce just loves Amelia. We go to church together and I work with his mom so we see each other a lot. He always wants to give Amelia hugs and kisses. He's known me all his life, but these days, to him, I am "Amelia's Mama." Come to think of it, I'm pretty much known as that to everyone now! She's definitely the star of the show wherever we go.
I tried to get a pic of our friend Jax, but he was just too fast for me on his trike! He was having a great time. His mom is my friend Neisha.
There's Jax whizzing by on his second lap around the football field.


And here's Amelia at the end of the marathon. She started to wake up, but when she saw my camera, she pulled her blanket over her face! LOL. A diva at 5 months old. We've got a long road ahead of us!
Because I'm too lazy to start a whole new post, I'll throw these last few pics at the end here. We got another wear out of the bunny dress at church today. Here's Amelia with her buddy Braxton in Sunday School. He's also in her class at school, so they're great friends.

After church Amelia attended her first birthday party for a friend. Braxton's older sister, Ainsley was the birthday girl. And guess who showed up at her party...

We got to meet the Easter Bunny! Amelia was more interested in hanging out with her boyfriend, Trent. Notice a pattern that most of her friends are boys? Daddy's not crazy about that, but it's not our fault she's one of the few little girls at church!


And finally, here are a couple of cute pics I shot after school one day last week when Amelia was in a particularly happy mood. We like to play in the guest room sometimes. I thought her outfit matched the shabby chic quilt, ha.

I don't think I've blogged yet about her little lamb that she sleeps with named Lovey. I'll have to save that for another day. Anyway, my dad got her a giant Lovey and she just loves him!

So there's your Amelia fix for the week! If I don't post again this week, I know I'll be back soon with photos from our first Easter egg hunt and in our pretty dress for Easter Sunday. Of course, I can't get too caught up in all the fun photo ops without remembering the real reason for Easter, celebrating the resurrection of our Savior!

No comments: