Here we are meeting for the first time on October 29th after being in labor all day and pushing for an hour and a half. Even now, sometimes I still cry when I hold her while she's sleeping.
I thought about interviewing her again to check in on her newest tricks, but she's in bed for the night and I don't want to wake her. I'll just list a few of her accomplishments from the last month.
- She's gotten much better at sitting up on her own, and enjoys hanging out in the floor with a bunch of toys. She no longer insists on being held 24/7, thank goodness.
- She loves her bath at night. We take baths together often and she loves playing with her bath toys and kicking her feet. Daddy is in charge of drying her off, lotioning, and getting her in her pjs, while I finish my bath. They enjoy their nightly routine.
- She is almost able to hold her bottle on her own, but she still prefers that we hold it for her. Lazy girl!
- She loves all baby food, and sometimes cries for more when she finishes a jar. Bananas and sweet peas seem to be her favorites, but she's also a big squash fan.
- She now reaches for me to pick her up, which delights my heart to no end! She likes to play with Daddy by laughing and turning her face away when he reaches for her from my arms.
- She is trying to crawl a little sometimes, but gets frustrated if she can't get very far. She's usually pretty happy either laying on her back with a toy, or sitting upright. Although she can roll over, she doesn't really want to very much.
- Over all, she has become a happier and much easier to handle baby than in her first few months of life, thank goodness! We have always felt lucky to have such a healthy, easy baby, but finally being able to entertain herself has made it so much easier for Mommy to get things done!
I asked Cliff today if it's been the best six months of his life (already knowing the answer), and he answered, "without a doubt." We are still amazed every day that she is ours, and not a day goes by that we don't thank God for blessing us with her. She brings us more joy than we could have ever imagined. Happy 6 month birthday, Princess!