Monday, May 11, 2009

My first Mothers Day

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have the most thoughtful baby ever! Can you believe she picked out this outfit and had her photo taken in it, then had the photo framed in an adorable frame that says Greatest Mom on it? Not only that, but she also picked out the sweetest necklace for me for my first Mothers Day.

My Mother's Day weekend started off with a surprise from Cliff, who had my bathroom renovated, something we had been planning, but I had no idea he was having it done so quickly to surprise me. I thought that was my gift, but on Sunday morning he told me the bathroom was my surprise from him, and Amelia had some surprises of her own for me. She had even made me a card with her handprint on it at school.

Just getting to be a Mom is a gift in itself that I am so thankful for every day. I don't take it for granted for a second that I am blessed, because I know there are so many women who would love to be mothers who have not yet been blessed with that opportunity. I had such a great day being honored for being a mother, and I'm thankful to my sweet husband and sister-in-law for helping Amelia make me feel so special!

Here's a cute pic of Amelia and her Daddy during their secret photo shoot with Aunt Katie while I was out of town. I haven't always been able to see it, but there's no denying she looks like Daddy in this one.

No comments: