Monday, March 2, 2009

4 months!

Can you believe it has been 4 months already? I can't. It seems like no time ago when I couldn't believe she was already 3 months old.

Today we had our 4 month check-up and shots. She is up to 14 pounds, 7 ounces and is 25 inches long. Everything was great, and we are so blessed to have such a healthy baby so far. A runny nose here and there is the worst thing we've had to face, although I'm sure we'll experience our first illness soon. It's just a part of life.

Right now Amelia is going through the sweetest stage. She is very expressive and loves to stare at the people and things around her. Nothing is better than when Cliff or I come in the room and she grins when she sees our faces. She loves to hold onto something soft and snuggly when she's sleepy. Katie took the pic below when we were getting ready to leave to go watch Cliff's teams play in the state championship game.

I had rushed home from work to get ready to leave her with my parents and put her in the crib to hang out while I got our stuff together. By the time I came back to check on her (like 5 minutes later) she had a "lovie" in each hand and had fallen asleep, with bow, shoes and all on! I couldn't have gotten her to do that if I had tried!

And in case you're wondering, both teams lost. What a waste of a night to leave my baby! But I know my parents enjoyed her, and I'm sure she had a good time. Below is a photo of Coach Furr in action.

This week, they are playing in the regional tournament, and then if they don't advance to nationals, the season will finally be over and we will have Daddy at home again!

1 comment:

Deare Diary said...

Awe, what a sweet picture. She is really getting to be a big girl...almost not a baby anymore.
Judy