Friday, March 6, 2009

Avoiding looking like a mom

I love reading Big Mama's Fashion Friday posts. Today on her blog I stumbled across another blogger who, along with a friend has conducted an excellent research study of the dreaded "Mom Jean."

One of my biggest fears since having Amelia is of looking like a "mom." Ok, that's a little dramatic. My biggest fear is of something happening to my baby. But is it too much to ask to have a baby and still maintain some sense of style? I think not. I don't want to dress like I'm in high school, but I would like to still look my age and be as stylish as I can.

For all of my mom friends, if you have been guilty of wearing the mom-jean, please click here for a post that will change your life. These ladies obviously had some time on their hands. I love that you can see children and a stroller in the background. They drug their kids in the dressing rooms to conduct their jean study to help those of us who want to avoid looking like a mom! I love it. I hope you have a fabulous and fashionable Friday!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks so much for the great review!! We really did have a great time making that post, and luckily my toddler loves going to the mall, and her baby is too young to care!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Alison said...

Hilarious! Reminds me of the old SNL commercial for "mom jeans" http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/mom-jeans/229048/

Miss Amelia is so cute! I love seeing what new tricks she's up to so I know what's in our near future.

Deare Diary said...

Angela,
I have read this post over and over. I will have to admit that I have been doing eveything wrong. I finally have gotten away from the "Granny Panty" simply because my daughter makes fun of me so much! It is rough getting older! Now I am going to do my own experiment with the Long Butt Theory. I will let you know how this turns out.
Aunt Judy