Sunday, March 29, 2009

5 months!

Guess who's 5 months old today? She technically didn't have a 4 month birthday because she was born on October 29th, and we didn't have a 29th in February, so I'm glad I can say she is exactly 5 months on March 29th.

Remember this baby? She was just a few days old in the first shot and about 2 weeks old in the second. Hard to believe she's the same girl as this little sweetie.

I snapped this one this morning before leaving for church. She was excited for Sunday School! We didn't have time for a real photo shoot, so this is the best I could get in a hurry.

Since I have a degree in journalism (and you definitely need one for the following activity), I thought I'd interview the princess to find out what's going on in her life at 5 months old. Since I am the only one who can interpret her answers, I'll paraphrase them for you. (Disclaimer: I am aware that my cheese factor has gone to a whole new level since becoming a mommy. I'm ok with that.)

Mommy: So Amelia, what are some of your proudest accomplishments at 5 months?

Amelia: Well, I'm really proud of myself for not crying every single time someone puts me down anymore, although sometimes I relapse and insist on being held by Mommy for hours at a time.

Mommy: Yes, I'm very proud of that accomplishment too! But even though it's hard to do anything else when you're being clingy, I secretly wish I could hold you all day every day like we did the first 3 months. Since we've been trying baby food for a couple of weeks, tell me what your favorites are.

Amelia: I've warmed up to green beans and no longer make those hideously cute faces when you make me eat them. But my favorite foods I have tried so far are sweet peas and applesauce. Yummy! I'm still a big fan of my bottle with some rice cereal mixed in too.

Mommy: Good job not giving up on the green beans! Just wait for some of the fun things we are going to try next. Sweet potatoes, squash, and pears! So what else is new with you?

Amelia: Well, my hand/eye coordination is getting a lot better. I have finally learned how to pull down my headband and bow! I've been wanting to do that my whole life! I also get excited when you show me my bottle and try to grab it from your hands to feed myself. I'm not quite strong enough to hold it by myself yet, but I will be soon.

Mommy: I was not pleased when I found your bow in your lap and your headband pulled down like a necklace when we arrived at daycare the other day. We are going to have to work on keeping our bows on our head, little lady! So why don't you tell us about your sleeping habits?

Amelia: We've had our ups and downs, haven't we? I have tried to be a good girl and sleep all night in my bassinet since I was six weeks old. But when Daddy kept getting home late and wanted me to snuggle in bed with y'all because he missed me, I realized I like sleeping with Mommy and Daddy better.

Mommy: We like snuggling with you too, pumpkin. But Miss Stacey can't snuggle during your naps at school, so we are going to have to keep working at putting you down awake in your pack n play so you'll stay asleep there all night. It's not our favorite thing, but it's been working this week, so we are proud of your efforts! Thank you for your time, Amelia.

I can't believe it's already been 5 months since Amelia came into our lives. I still look at her newborn pics all the time, and I miss when she was so tiny. But it is so much fun watching her grow and learn new things. Her 5 month birthday is bittersweet, as I'm sure the rest will be. But we are having fun with each new stage we enter. I just wish time would slow down just a little bit.

3 comments:

Tonya*Bishop said...

Just laughed my butt off....
Your interview with Miss Amelia was FABULOUS!!
I'm so happy for you and your sweet family :)

~neisha~ said...

wow, how did you ever manage to get that interview appointment? Amelia is so hard to catch awake!

Inquiring minds want MORE interviews!
next time, ask her if she has picked out her summer bathing suit yet!

Unknown said...

i haven't made it by your blog in like weeks & look what i missed!! love the interview :o)

i did this sort of thing in my journalling when i scrapbooked...love, love it! and she's pulling off her head accessories?! gasp!